Did you know that you don’t need to stick to the wording on Paper Arrow Press personalised design samples? (Insider knowledge: I just make that wording up!). It can sometimes feel difficult to give your wedding the personal touch. We can definitely help with that. Here are some tips to create unusual wedding invitation wording:
For your save the dates
- Get a bit cheeky. Your save the date can be a little less formal than your main invite anyway so why not start with an ‘oi, we’re getting married!’
- Aliterate (and raid your thesaurus) – how about ‘food, fizz and frolicks’ for example?
- Make it really simple. How about just your names, a date, more information to follow. People will get the message.
Need help with the essentials?
If you need a little help planning exactly what you need to say on your wedding invitation why not download a FREE Wedding Stationery Planning Worksheet to prompt you.
For your invitations
- Express your happiness. Why not add a little exclamation to your text? ‘We’re getting married, hurray!’
- Go tongue in cheek. Go deliberately over the top with the superlatives ‘you’re invited to the wildest, most wonderful wedding of…’
- Be different. Instead of ‘wedding’, ‘marriage’ and ‘reception’ try unusual words such as ‘getting hitched’, ‘the serious bit’ and the ‘knees up’.
- The sign off. End with a little ‘be there or be square’ style line.
For your RSVP
- Get creative. Instead of a yes/ no option try: ‘Yes, I’ll be there with my dancing shoes!’ and ‘Noooo, you’ll have to find someone else to breakdance at midnight.
p.s have you read our step by step guide to ordering your wedding stationery (it's got a printable to do list!) and the best wedding advice I was ever given
Just got engaged? Yeay!
If you need a hand with your wedding planning you'll be needing our FREE super stylish wedding planning kit. It has everything you need to ace your wedding planning.